Estate, Gifts and Trusts Niche Leader
Blue & Co., LLC is a highly reputable Certified Public Accounting (CPA) firm committed to providing excellent tax and accounting services to our clients. We are currently in search of an experienced and dedicated Estate, Gift, and Trust (EGT) Leader to spearhead the design, development, and execution of EGT strategies, ensuring that our clients’ financial and legacy goals are realized, and their assets are structed optimally.
As an experienced tax professional, you possess most of the technical skills we seek for the Estate, Gifts and Trust Niche Leader role. Here is what you would do in the role:
- Lead and manage estate, gift, and trust planning strategies for clients.
- Lead, mentor and manage professional growth and development of talented professionals in the EGT niche area.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local tax laws and regulations.
- Maintain and deepen technical expertise in estate, gift, and tax matters, ensuring the firm’s services are in line with the latest laws and best practices and educate internal staff on technical aspects and best practices.
- Review estate, trust, and gift tax returns.
- Manage IRS audits including detailed technical aspects related to gift and estate filings.
- Ability to review a variety of legal documents for tax related aspects and assist clients and internal personnel with compliance and planning opportunities.
- Develop strong working relationships and interface with directors, managers, and key leaders across the firm.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities consistent with the expectations of a niche leader.
- Collaborate with other firm leaders to cross-sell services and provide holistic solutions to clients.
- Represent Blue at industry events and in professional organizations to bolster Blue’s reputation and network.
- 10 or more years of tax experience with a public accounting or law firm; 5+ years of experience with estate, gift, and trust taxation.
- CPA and/or JD.
- Proven financial, analytical, and technical skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large engagements and supervise/motivate staff.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel to client meetings as well as internal meetings throughout the firm.
Blue & Co., LLC, is proudly ranked as a top 60 CPA firm in the U.S. and named as a “Best Place to Work” in Indiana and Kentucky, and “Best Employer” in Ohio. We take pride in fostering a great culture, providing award-winning professional growth opportunities, and offering the ability to work either in-office, virtual or a flexible combination. At Blue & Co. we truly value the development of ALL employees and encourage them to bring their true authentic selves to work.
We are Responsive. We are Caring. We are Advocates.